Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Spaarndammerstraat!

Things here are starting to become so nice and familiar. It no longer feels weird saying I need to go to Spaarndammerstraat or Stavangerweg (pronounced 'stah-vahn-gher-vehcc'). The fact that I live next door to a huge, docked cruise ship that people live on...cool, but not so strange anymore. I don't feel too forward asking an attractive boy I've only been talking to five minutes for his number, because it turns out we live in the same complex. Kissing everyone as a greeting is a normality. Seeing ducks walking on semi frozen canals, giving the appearance of walking on water..that's just cute. This place just feels right. I've only been here a little over a week, and I have six months before I leave, but already I am sad that I will eventually be leaving. This way of life just....fits.
Class starts tomorrow...hopefully I will have the same attitude in about 6 hours when I am waking up!

No comments: